The second Apostolic Exhortation of Pope Francis has been published today, Friday 8 April 2016. Amoris Laetitia (The Joy of Love) is Pope Francis’ Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation on Love in the Family.
Amoris Laetitia runs to 261 pages and is divided into nine chapters as follows:
- Chapter One – In The Light The Word
- Chapter 2 – The Experiences And Challenges Of Families
- Chapter 3 – Looking To Jesus: The Vocation Of The Family
- Chapter 4 – Love In Marriage
- Chapter 5 – Love Made Fruitful
- Chapter 6 – Some Pastoral Perspectives
- Chapter 7 – Towards A Better Education Of Children
- Chapter 8 – Accompanying, Discerning And Integrating Weakness
- Chapter 9 – The Spirituality Of Marriage And The Family
Amoris Laetitia is being presented this morning in the Vatican by Cardinal Christoph Schönborn, O.P., Archbishop of Vienna, Cardinal Lorenzo Baldisseri, General Secretary of the Synod of Bishops, and by the married couple Professor Francesco Miano, lecturer in moral philosophy at the University of Rome, and Professor Giuseppina De Simone Miano, lecturer in philosophy at the Theological Faculty of Southern Italy in Naples. The press conference can be watched live on www.vatican.va.
- Amoris-Laetitia (Full Text)