Epiphany – as the twelfth day approaches
As the “Epiphany” Kings arrive, it’s time for us to take our leave of the Crib but not to leave its message behind. Maybe a minute or two with some highlights from that message might be no harm:
- Strangers in search of safe lodgings
- A shed – a room – made available
- A couple uncertain of what the future had in store
- Shepherds/workers setting aside their work to go and “do homage”
- Animals – “All God’s creatures have a place in the choir”
- Angels – heard from on high but only truly heard in the heart and soul of faith
- Kings – people in authority – realising theirs was a passing authority
- Words, actions, kindness witnessed and “pondered in the heart”
- In and through it all the Hand and Will of God – a plan unfolding.
- MISSION – it does not end in the crib – in truth it begins here
- The baby became a man ….
- The man made a difference
- We’re called to do the same.
“Companions on the journey”